To compliment our line of sod and our "green" philosophy, we now offer DRIVABLE GRASS®, a permeable plantable pavement!
We've finally found a plantable pavement system that handles sod the way we believe it should be and are pleased to offer DRIVABLE GRASS®. As you can see from the picture, the turf roots (a.k.a. stolons) can run uninterrupted through the open spaces.
DRIVABLE GRASS® can be used with sod or grass seed. We recommend Bermuda and Zoysia as the best choices due to their vigorously spreading natures.
Here's why we believe in DRIVABLE GRASS®:
- Follow this link to find out why Drivable Grass qualifies for LEED Credits.
- Here's an idea list for Drivable Grass Uses & Applications.
- How-to installation video from Inspired Landscape Services.
- Find out more about Drivable Grass for Erosion Control.
- Watch a video on Drivable Grass used for cart paths.
The picture on the left shows a Drivable Grass and Bermuda Tifway 419 sod installation
on May 19, 2013 in the customer parking area of Super-Sod's Middle Georgia Outlet.
Picture on the right shows full sod coverage and use by vehicles one month later, June 21, 2013.
Links to the manufacturer's info: