TifGrand Bermuda Sod
There are no products matching the selection.
TifGrand Bermuda grass is scientifically bred to withstand up to 50% shade.
Cynodon dactylon (L.) Pers. × Cynodon transvaalensis Burtt Davy
TifGrand® is a trademark owned by Patten Seed Company/Super-Sod. SOD is available, in individual rolls or full pallets, for pick-up/delivery at Super-Sod Stores.
More TifGrand Bermuda Info
TifGrand Bermuda sod features at-a-glance:
- A Bermuda turfgrass with improved shade tolerance
- Vigorous-growing lawn
- Fine-textured turfgrass (finer than Tifway)
- Naturally dark green-colored blades
- TifGrand maintains its dark green color under reduced nitrogen inputs better than other Bermudagrasses
- Aggressive establishment from sod
TifGrand Bermuda sod is ideal for:
- Shaded golf course tees (full sun tees, too)
- Sport fields
- Recreational sites
- Public and private parks
- Home lawns that are partially shaded
- Home lawns in full sun
- Corporate and commercial landscapes
- All sod and turfgrass needs in high use or highly visible areas in warm climates, where shaded areas demand a special solution: TifGrand
TifGrand Bermuda sod has these further characteristics:
- TifGrand Bermuda turfgrass is scientifically developed to withstand up to 50% shade, provided soils are well-drained, competition from tree roots is minimized, and 4-5 hours of direct sunlight is received.
- For TifGrand to maintain its shade tolerance, it has to be mowed below 1" cutting height. Unlike other turfgrasses, the lower TifGrand's mowing height in the shade, the more its shade tolerance is increased. TifGrand has a hard time recovering from growing long, then being scalped.
- Provided the above criteria are met, TifGrand Bermuda turfgrass performs in shade better than other hybrid Bermuda turfgrasses like Tifway and TifSport.
- TifGrand Bermuda lawns survive drought conditions similar to other hybrid Bermuda turfgrasses; withstanding drought by going into dormancy until sufficient rainfall (irrigation) resumes.
- TifGrand Bermuda turfgrass forms a dense lush green lawn with a finer texture and darker green color than Tifway (T-419).
Left: TifGrand Right: Tifway
- TifGrand Bermuda turfgrass forms a lawn tolerant of traffic and wear, and recovers quickly with proper maintenance.
- TifGrand Bermuda turfgrass is more resistant to Spring Dead Spot (SDS) than common Bermuda grass selections like Celebration.
- TifGrand can be installed as dormant sod.
- TifGrand sod is only available as first-quality Georgia Certified.
- TifGrand (PP21017) was developed by Dr. Wayne Hanna and released by the University of Georgia, Tifton Campus.
- TifGrand Bermuda turfgrass is only reproduced vegetatively. TifGrand seed is not available for starting TifGrand bermuda grass lawns.
- TifGrand Bermuda lawns can be mowed with a reel or a rotary lawn mower.
Find A Sod Store Near Me Order Online