TifGrand Bermuda SOD
TifGrand Bermuda grass is scientifically bred to withstand up to 60% shade.
Cynodon transvaalensis × C. dactylon
TifGrand Bermuda sod features at-a-glance:
- A Bermuda turfgrass with improved shade tolerance
- Vigorous-growing lawn
- Fine-textured turfgrass (finer than Tifway)
- Naturally dark green-colored blades
- Forms a lawn with reduced water and fertilizer (nitrogen) requirements than other Bermudas, especially when grown in full sun
- Aggressive establishment from sod
TifGrand Bermuda sod is ideal for:
- Shaded golf course tees (full sun tees, too)
- Sport fields
- Recreational sites
- Public and private parks
- Home lawns that are partially shaded
- Home lawns in full sun
- Corporate and commercial landscapes
- All sod and turfgrass needs in high use or highly visible areas in warm climates, where shaded areas demand a special solution: TifGrand
TifGrand Bermuda sod has these further characteristics:
- TifGrand Bermuda turfgrass is scientifically developed to withstand up to 60% shade, provided soils are well-drained, competition from tree roots is minimized, and 4-5 hours of direct sunlight is received.
- Provided the above criteria are met, TifGrand Bermuda turfgrass performs in shade better than other hybrid Bermuda turfgrasses like Tifway and TifSport.
- TifGrand Bermuda lawns survive drought conditions similar to other hybrid Bermuda turfgrasses; withstanding drought by going into dormancy until sufficient rainfall (irrigation) resumes.
- TifGrand Bermuda turfgrass forms a dense lush green lawn with a finer texture and darker green color than Tifway (T-419).
- TifGrand Bermuda turfgrass forms a lawn tolerant of traffic and wear, and recovers quickly with proper maintenance.
- TifGrand Bermuda turfgrass is more resistant to Spring Dead Spot (SDS) than common Bermuda grass selections like Celebration.
- TifGrand can be installed as dormant sod.
- TifGrand sod is only available as first-quality Georgia Certified.
- TifGrand (PP21017) was developed by Dr. Wayne Hanna and released by the University of Georgia, Tifton Campus.
- TifGrand Bermuda turfgrass is only reproduced vegetatively. TifGrand seed is not available for starting TifGrand bermuda grass lawns.
|Left: TifGrand Right: Tifway|
SOD is available, in individual rolls or full pallets, for pick-up/delivery at Super-Sod Outlets.
More TifGrand Bermuda Info:
TifGrand® is a trademark owned by Patten Seed Company/Super-Sod.