Tifway Bermuda Sod
Tifway is the traditional standard for golf, sport, and lawns. Less expensive to maintain than TifSport.
(a.k.a. T-419, Tifton 419, Tif419, 419 Bermuda)
Cynodon transvaalensis × C. dactylon
Tifway Bermuda sod features at-a-glance:
Tifway Bermuda sod is ideal for:
Tifway Bermuda sod has these further characteristics:
- Tifway Bermuda turfgrass grows best in hot climates and may become dormant after frost, but recovers quickly when temperatures warm.
- Tifway Bermuda lawns are drought tolerant; withstanding drought by going into dormancy until sufficient rainfall (irrigation) resumes.
- With proper maintenance/management, Tifway Bermuda turfgrass provides fast recuperative rates from traffic and wear.
- Tifway Bermuda turfgrass exhibits dense growth and, when properly maintained, competes with the presence of many turf weeds.
- With proper maintenance, Tifway Bermuda turfgrass demonstrates tolerance to or quick recovery from pest damage.
- Tifway Bermuda turfgrass can tolerate relatively high soil and water salt concentrations.
- Tifway can be installed as dormant sod.
- For more than 50 years (until the release of new, improved Bermudas like TifGrand™), Tifway provided superior quality and turfgrass performance. Because Tifway is not protected by patent, it has become a commodity product of inconsistent quality in the sod industry, but at Super-Sod, we establish our fields from true Tifway stock.
- Tifway Bermuda turfgrass is only reproduced vegetatively. Tifway seed is not available for starting Tifway bermuda grass lawns.
More Tifway Bermuda Info:
SOD is available, in individual rolls or full pallets, for pick-up/delivery at Super-Sod Outlets.
There are no products matching the selection.