Zoysia grasses are native to many parts of the Orient that were first introduced to the United States 100 years ago. Zoysia japonica varieties make beautiful lawns from the Gulf Shores to Chicago.
- Zoysia grasses have an excellent deep green color.
- Zoysia grasses grow slowly, thus offering a reduced mowing frequency.
- Zoysia grasses have good shade tolerance.
- Zoysia grasses offer superior drought tolerance.
- Zoysia grasses are dense-growing and resist weed invasion.
- Zoysia grasses thrive on a wide range of soils.
- Zoysia grasses are the best-adapted turf for the transition zone (running along a line from Baltimore to Cincinnati to St. Louis and West) and then south to Miami. They have the broadest geographic distribution of all turfgrasses.
Contact us at a nearby Super-Sod Outlet for pick-up or delivery of these beautiful Zoysia turfgrass selections: