Emerald Zoysia SOD
Emerald Zoysia is The Crown Jewel of Lawn Grasses
Zoysia japonica × Z. tenuifolia
Emerald Zoysia sod features at-a-glance:
Emerald Zoysia sod is ideal for:
Emerald Zoysia sod has these further characteristics:
- Emerald Zoysia turfgrass has the finest leaf blade of the commercially-produced varieties and is the perfect turfgrass for making a positive lawn “first impression.”
- Emerald Zoysia turfgrass is a very cold-hardy, warm-season turfgrass that stays green longer into the fall than other varieties.
- Emerald Zoysia turfgrass has a somewhat higher maintenance level than other Zoysias. It simply cannot be neglected for long periods of time, but if fertilized once or twice annually, watered as needed, and cut regularly, it makes an absolutely enviable lawn, in both full sun or moderate shade.
- Emerald Zoysia turfgrass is less troubled by insect pests than Meyer.
- Emerald Zoysia turfgrass can be installed as dormant sod, but it is not a recommended best practice for this variety.
- Emerald Zoysia turfgrass is the first commercially-grown, vegetatively-propagated F1 hybrid Zoysia (Zoysia japonica × Z. tenuifolia) produced in the US. Bred by Dr. Forbes and released in 1955 (several years after Meyer), this improved Zoysia grass exhibits a finer leaf texture than other Zoysia japonica grass selections like Meyer and Zenith. Its attractive fine texture and color resulted in Emerald being declared the “Cadillac of lawn grasses.”
- Emerald Zoysia turfgrass is only reproduced vegetatively. Emerald Zoysia seed is not available for starting Emerald Zoysia lawns.
More Emerald Zoysia Info:
SOD is available, in individual rolls or full pallets, for pick-up/delivery at Super-Sod Outlets.
There are no products matching the selection.