TifBlair™ Centipede Lawn Maintenance
There are no products matching the selection.
From first seedling to stacked pallet, we’ve been attentive to your TifBlair™ Centipede.
You’ve monitored your new sod and watered ‘til strong roots were apparent.
Now, carefully follow these simple and specific maintenance instructions to get the most out of your Lifetime Lawn:
Mowing your TifBlair Centipede Lawn
Watering TifBlair Centipede Sod
Water to supplement rainfall shortages only. Avoid fixed timer irrigation settings. Though drought tolerant, Centipede performs best when it receives approximately 1 inch of water per week. If one or more inches of rainfall occur in a week, additional irrigation is not necessary. (Example: if 1/2 inch of rain occurs within a growing week, apply 1/2 inch by irrigation.) Do not waste water by over watering; avoid run-off and standing water for any period of time. (How and When to Water)
Fertilize TifBlair Centipede Sod
- Fertilize with Super-Sod’s Starter & Centipede Formulation 5-10-30 + Iron, which can be purchased at your local Super-Sod store. Fertilize according to the table below and according to soil test recommendations.
- TifBlair may not even need fertilizing. If it does, apply between 1 and 2 pounds of nitrogen per 1000 square feet annually, during the growing season. Select a fertilizer that is labeled for use on centipedegrass lawns. Do not apply fertilizer to wet turf to avoid burning. Too much fertility will result in a thatchy and unhealthy lawn.
- Centipede thrives on an acid soil with a pH range of 5.0 to 6.0. Do not apply lime to Centipede without a soil test.
Weed, Pest and Disease Control for TifBlair Centipede
More TifBlair Centipede Info:
- TifBlair Centipede Sod Details
- TifBlair Development Story
- TifBlair Centipede Tech Sheet (pdf)
- How to Install Sod Video