5-10-30 + Acelepryn Insecticide
Recommended to control grubs and armyworms
100% Secure Payment
Shipping to Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee.
5-10-30 + Acelepryn Insecticide Description
We recommend 5-10-30 with Acelepryn Insecticide when you're laying new sod in summer and fall because new sod is especially vulnerable to fall armyworms.
This starter formulation contains Acelepryn to control grubs and fall armyworms. Acelepryn is a preventative insecticide that works against the larvae and caterpillar stages. In our brick and mortar stores we offer insecticide that will kill current infestations.
- 50 lbs. covers up to 10,000 sq. ft
- Apply to prepared soil and lightly till or rake then lay new sod or apply as needed to prevent infestations
- Protection lasts 30-45 days, depending on weather.
- Reapply every 30-45 days as needed during the growing season when your lawn is most vulnerable to grubs and fall armyworms. For fall armyworms, that's typically from July through first frost in autumn.
- Read our blog for more information on identification and treatment of fall armyworms.
- 5-10-30 is our go-to formula for Centipede lawns because it's low in nitrogen. Fertilize Centipedegrass based on the feedback from a soil test - your Centipede lawn may not need fertilizing at all and can be damaged, especially with too much nitrogen.
- 5-10-30 is a traditional fertilizer mix used for generations in farming and landscape maintenance as a starter fertilizer, however it can be used after lawn establishment too, whenever lower nitrogen is required.
- This formulation, at the recommended rate, adds a small amount of nitrogen, but is higher in phosphorus and potassium. Phosphorus and potassium are important in early spring to encourage health and more prolific root growth in warm-season grasses.
Apply only at the recommended rate.
Use our yellow walk-behind spreader to distribute this granular product.